09/17/2021 - There are three deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 110
- Hospitalizations: 46 (13 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 40,081
- Recovered: 39,006
- Active Cases in County: 585 (-42)
- Deaths: 490
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 13,570 (+44)
- Recovered: 13,202
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 2,464 (+13)
- Recovered: 2,382
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 1,376 (+1)
- Recovered: 1,341
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 4,867 (+10)
- Recovered: 4,709
- Total tests performed in county: 807,470
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, Sep 17, 2021.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.