1/25/2021- There are 2 deaths to report today. Both individuals were 70+ years of age and had underlying medical conditions. One death was associated with an outbreak at a congregate facility.
The individuals resided in the following areas of the County:
City of Goleta.
City of Santa Barbara /Unincorporated area of Mission Canyon.
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 331
- Hospitalizations: 112 (49 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 26,071
- Recovered: 23,723
- Deaths: 263
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 9,392
- Recovered: 8,731
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 1,446
- Recovered: 1,347
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 787
- Recovered: 698
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 2,788
- Recovered: 2,567
- Total tests performed in county: 402,012
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, January 25, 2020.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.