Zaca Creek Golf Course in Buellton will host the 19th annual Howard Shaw Memorial California Blind and Disabled Golf Classic Tournament, Friday, Dec. 6 through Sunday, Dec. 8, according to event co-founder, PGA Bob Kotowski, a golf coach of 25 years for the blind and disabled with Olde School Golf School.
Tournament headquarters has been designated at Pea Soup Andersen's Inn, Buellton, where meet-ups and award ceremonies will be held.
The weekend format begins on Friday, Dec. 6 with a complimentary practice round and participants' short game clinic. A "skins and pins" game is optional.
Saturday will begin with a 10:30 a.m. check-in at Zaca Creek course, located at 223 Shadow Mountain Drive, Buellton.
- 11 a.m. - Blindfold/Blind Short Game Challenge
- 12 p.m. - Shotgun start initiating a four-person scramble Pro-Am (1 tournament contestant will be paired with 3 partners - Professional or Amateur)
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Santa Ynez BBQ served
- 5-7 p.m. - Awards banquet at Pea Soup Andersen’s Inn
Check-in at Zaca Creek course is set for Sunday at 11 a.m.
- 12 p.m. - 18-hole medal play begins with shotgun start
- 4-5 p.m. - Awards and trophy presentation at Pea Soup Andersen’s Inn
You have free articles remaining.
Participants are asked to mail registration entries to: California Blind Golf Classic, c/o Bob Kotowski PGA, Zaca Creek Golf Course 223, Shadow Mountain Drive, Buellton, CA, 93427; or contact Bob directly at email@example.com
For more information, visit www.oldeschoolgolfschool.com
With an ever-growing selection of sports being offered to special needs athletes around the globe, the North County division of the Special Ol…
Sarah Ovadia has some big decisions to make.
Steve Lykken, longtime 1932 Ford Roadsters enthusiast and owner of Steve's Wheel and Tire shop in Buellton, recently converted his passion for…