1 of 5
The house of U.S. civil rights campaigner Rosa Parks, rebuilt by artist Ryan Mendoza, is on display in Naples, Italy, Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020. The rundown, paint-chipped Detroit house where Parks took refuge after her famous bus boycott is going on display in a setting that couldn't be more incongruous: the imposing central courtyard of the 18th century Royal Palace. (AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia)
FILE - In this Sept. 24, 2018, file photo, Bill Cosby departs after a sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa. Legal advocates are lining up on both sides of actor Bill Cosby’s appeal as the Pennsylvania Supreme Court prepares to review his 2018 sex assault conviction. (AP Photo/Matt Slocum, File)
A fire warning sign is seen through the smoke in Sandy, Ore., on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020. Gov. Kate Brown said Monday she has asked President Donald Trump to issue a major disaster declaration for Oregon as it battles deadly wildfires that have wrought destruction across the state. (AP Photo/Rachel La Corte)
A woman wearing a face mask against the coronavirus pandemic walks past American, United Arab Emirates, Israel and Bahraini flags at the Peace Bridge in Netanya, Israel, Monday, Sept. 14, 2020. For the first time in more than a quarter-century, a U.S. president will host a signing ceremony between Israelis and Arabs at the White House, billing it as an "historic breakthrough" in a region long known for its stubborn conflicts. (AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)
Casey Evans, 33, evacuates a bird named Malibu as residents of eastern St. Bernard Parish, La., evacuate for Hurricane Sally on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020. (Chris Granger/The Advocate via AP)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. HURRICANE SALLY'S PLODDING PATH Forecasters, stressing “significant” uncertainty, are nudging the storm's predicted track to the east, easing fears in New Orleans while raising concerns in the Florida Panhandle’s westernmost counties.
2. PROJECTING STATESMAN IN CHIEF President Trump will host a ceremony on the South Lawn sealing agreements between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain which could shift power dynamics in the Middle East.
3. SMOKE FROM WESTERN FIRES Oregon, Washington and parts of California are struggling under acrid yellowish-green smog, the worst, most unhealthy air on the planet according to some measurements.
4. BILL COSBY'S LEGAL ACTION The actor was the first celebrity to go on trial in the #MeToo era, and his appeal could resolve lingering questions about how sexual abuse cases should be tried.
5. CIVIL RIGHTS ICON'S HOUSE ON TOUR The run-down, paint-chipped Detroit two-story building where Rosa Parks took refuge after her historic bus boycott is going on display in Italy and has yet to find a permanent U.S. home.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!