SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Ten students at a San Francisco middle school have been treated after ingesting an unknown substance that caused adverse reactions.

Officials are looking into whether the students were made sick by marijuana edibles.

San Francisco Fire Department Lt. Jonathan Baxter said authorities received a 911 call at 1:20 p.m. from James Lick Middle School saying that students were experiencing "the effects of an ingested substance."

Police and firefighters sent emergency vehicles and TV footage showed children being wheeled away on a stretcher.

Get news headlines sent daily to your inbox

San Francisco Unified School District spokeswoman Laura Dudnick said the school is working with officials to determine what happened. A district statement urged sick students to come forward, saying they would not be punished if they did.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
0
0